Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Training Day

  1. #1
    MadFor3D
    Guest MadFor3D's Avatar

    Post

    I usually try to go to the movies once a week. They have a matinee in Queens for $5.50. I think its up to, like, $9.50 in Manhattan! Crazy.

    Anyhow, I enjoyed this one. I can't remember a movie putting me on the edge of my seat quite so much in a while. It deffinately pulled at the emotional strings a bit.

    I liked the look of the movie. Also, all the different twists and turns of the story. Some really funny lines, and some very good acting in my opinon.

    Just wondering what anyone else has thought of this flick.

    -M

    ------------------

  2. #2
    Matt Pacini
    Guest Matt Pacini's Avatar

    Post

    Sorry, haven't even heard of it!
    I'll check it out if it shows up here.
    (Man, I thought $8.75 was outrageous!)

    Matt Pacini

    ------------------

  3. #3
    mattias
    Guest mattias's Avatar

    Post

    i seem to remember loews on times square charged $10.50 over a year ago.

    /matt

  4. #4
    crimsonson
    Guest crimsonson's Avatar

    Post

    MadForce you a Queens Cat? Woohoo! Briarwood here (use to be Bayside and Kew Gardens also). Have you checked out La Cienaga? Its playing at Village Cinemas. I caught it in the NY Film Festival... Great flic.

    I will catach Training Day this weekend... I am not a fan of Antoine Fuqua, but of Denzel Washington. Word of mouth is it might be his best performance since Malcolm. Hope it is. I like him. What did u think?

    Yeah Mattias- some Manhattan theaters are $9.00 -10.50.
    My girlfriend and I's new favorite theater was called Royal Cinemas by Battery Park... Guess what happened to that theater frown ...

    ------------------


    [This message has been edited by crimsonson (edited October 17, 2001).]

  5. #5
    MadFor3D
    Guest MadFor3D's Avatar

    Post

    I'm from California originally. I've been living in NYC since 1996. I live close to Penn Station. My girlfriend lives in Astoria Queens. I usually go up there durring the weekends. I gotta fix her computer so it can output DVD's to her T.V., cause now the DVD player in there isn't doing a damn thing. What a shame.

    I heard "La Cienaga" is a gotta see movie.

    Yeah, Denzel was pretty much astonishing in "Training Day". Most of the acting was pretty good, even considering all the rock stars in there... Snoop Dog, Dr. Dre, Macy Grey, what's up with all the musicians in movies these days?

    Peace,

    Madrone

    ------------------

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •